The Importance of having a Rental Agent
The Rental Department at Homehunters Realty is not a secondary service to the Sales Department. Our rental business is an equal arm as we pride ourselves on offering the best rental and investment advice to our current and prospective landlords.
We provide the following Property Management Services to our Landlords:
- Actively market, screen, select and process extensive tenancy applications to source a quality tenant for your investment.
- Screen prospective tenants through TICA for any previous history of tenancy default.
- Prepare all leasing documentation and co-ordinate signing by both the tenant and property owner.
- Prepare detailed condition reports on your investment to ensure that when the property is passed between tenants, the condition of the property and standard of cleanliness is consistently maintained.
- Lodge the required property bond with the West Australian Bonds Administrator
- Set up a progressive payment system of rent collection, provide rental ledgers as required and issue in a timely fashion your property financial statements monthly.
- Undertake the necessary maintenance and repairs on your property in consultation with you, source appropriate contractors and supply written quotes and invoices.
- Facilitate the payment of accounts as instructed by you.
- Conduct regular external inspections and routine internal inspections as the legislation allows. Provide you with written assessments of the inspection and advise of any concerns as well as tenant feedback.
- Prepare and attend magistrate court as needed.
- Assess and advise of changes to the rental market and modify the property rent as required.
- Conduct tenant exiting inspections and prepare the property for re-leasing as per the ingoing condition report.
Transferring Management of your Investment Property
Transferring management for your investment property to our Agency is a smooth and seamless process. Once you have signed a Management Authority Agreement which enables Homehunters Realty to act on your behalf, we formally advise your current Agent that the property is being transferred to our Agency and request that they make the file available for collection within 24 hours. There is no cost in the transfer.
Once the property has been transferred, we make contact with your tenant to introduce ourselves as their new Agent, explain our office procedures, and make a time to meet in person.
Management of your Investment Property
We have an excellent relationship with an extensive and preferred list of contractors, who though regular use and loyalty keep their costs as competitive as possible, without compromising on the quality of the workmanship. Under current taxation law some works undertaken as repairs and maintenance may be allowable as tax deductions. However, you are most welcome to advise us of your preferred tradesman to carry out works at your investment property.